Latest and (not so) greatest
- 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes That Are Still Just As Relevant TodayWhat Martin Luther King, Jr. taught more than sixty years ago still rings true today. Dare we learn from the past?
- Robins in WinterThe robins run afoot then stop on a dime, sifting.
- Always Love. Hate Will Get You Every TimeLove serves others. The motivation of anger is almost always self-serving.
- Should a Sense of Dread Come Over You“It is the best of humanity that goes out to walk.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Using Fear As Motivation: 5 ways to think of fear differently, starting right nowLearn to use fear as motivation. Don’t let fear stop you in your tracks.
From the topic: Memoir
- ’Twas the Day Before ChristmasThe calm of Christmas Eve.
- The birds and the beesA conversation with my dad about sexual intercourse. A free verse poem.
- An open letter to my suburban neighbors on the state of my sanityAs written in free verse.
- I Still See YouWhat May 21 means in my life
- Raw PotatoesHe’d grin. Then eat at it like an apple.
Jeffrey Pillow is the author of The Lady Next Door. His writing has been published in Urge Magazine, The Nervous Breakdown, 16 Blocks, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, TheBody.com, New York Times, Washington Post, and Richmond Times-Dispatch et al.
He grew up in the small town of Phenix, Virginia, and now lives in Charlottesville with his wife, two kids, and a dog named Mozzarella Cheese. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia where he was a Rainey Scholar.